Hello my lovely followers!
I’m back again with another Top Ten Tuesday, revived by That Arsty Reader Girl – blog linked so you can go check out her page after you’ve finished reading my post. I’m taking part in this every other Tuesday.
Today’s post is Top Ten Rainy Day Reads, and without further ado here are mine…
- Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban. I love every Harry Potter book, and I have been known to just pull a random one off the shelf and read it while I’m in the bath, but PofA is my favourite book so I would happily sit inside while it rains and read the day away.
- Matilda. I love Roald Dahl and Matilda is by far my favourite of his books.
- The End of Mr Y. I’ve read this book 5 or 6 times now and I still don’t understand it! Because of how confusing I find it, it’s so easy for me to pick up time and time again.
- The Shining. Not only my all time King book but in the top 5 of my all time favourite books.
- The Boat Builder’s Bed. I don’t usually read “romance” books as I find them a little bit cringe *A LOT CRINGE* but I really enjoy this one, it’s quite a light hearted read which set in New Zeland, perfect for whisking you away on a rainy day!
- The Da Vinci Code. My favourite Dan Brown book, and the one that I find the most interesting (so far anyway!)
- Harry Potter and The Philosopher’s Stone. Where it aaaallll began. My copy of this book is falling apart I’ve read it that much.
- Nightmares and Dreamscapes. Technically a collection of short stories, but hey, they’re written into one book!
- James and The Giant Peach. When it rains one of my favourite things to do is re-read books I read in my childhood, usually because I’m so focused on reading books on my shelf I don’t read something simple.
- 1408. I know this is part of an audio book collection but I had to add it as it’s one of my FAVOURITE stories.
Are any of your rainy day reads on my list? Or any you’d recommend based on mine? Let me know in the comments.