Aloha my lovely followers, I’m back and taking part in another Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the lovely That Artsy Reader Girl and this week I’m going to be doing my TT favourite tropes.
A trope is basically a commonly used story element, it’s easily recognised because it crops up so many times in different books. And here are my top 5 favourite tropes…
- Characters having to survive in some kind of wilderness/dystopian world. I love the whole survival idea, there’s just so much that can be done with it and so many twists and turns can be added in!
- Bookish themes. As a huge reader myself I love anything set in a bookstore or the main character is an avid reader, I find it so much easier to imagine myself in the shoes of the lead.
- Friends to lovers. Ahhh, I’m a sucker for a good romance in a novel, especially when the characters are perhaps long time friends and you’ve been rooting for them to get together!
- Anything with a strong female lead. Books need a good woman leading the story sometimes. (All the time!)
- Books about history. I love anything that has a strong historical background that I can do some later reading on once I’ve finished my book.
Did any of my favourite tropes match up with yours, let me know in the comments below!
Until next time my lovely followers xx