WOOP WOOP it’s Halloween!🎃👻💀 AKA one of my favourite days of the year, and to celebrate I want to share my TEN FAVOURITE HORROR MOVIES with you guys! WOOP.
I literally am obsessed with horror films, my poor poor bf literally has to suffer while I sit and watch them all year round, and in the spirit of Halloween I decided to do something a lil different. HERE WE GOOOO :)))))
P.S. Spoiler alert bcos even though some of these films are quite old, you may not have seen them already!
- Nightmare on Elm Street, 1984, directed by Wes Craven. OKAY so I’ve only seen this film series through once because I actually found it entirely too terrifying.
- Scream, 1996, directed by Wes Craven. This is probably the first slasher film I ever watched and the line “what’s your favourite scary movie” is an ICONIC line that I never get tired of hearing.
- Saw, 2004, directed by James Wan. This is my fave Saw franchise film as well, when Jigsaw rose from the floor at the end and shouted game over when he shut the door, a twist that no matter how many times I watch it still shocks me.
- Psycho, 1960, directed by Alfred Hitchcock. I only watched this film this year but it has become a firm favourite of mine, the suspense WOWZERS.
- Hostel, 2005, directed by Eli Roth. I really enjoyed this film despite it’s gory nature, it was like my worst nightmare was put into a film.
- Final Destination, 2000, directed by James Wong. Some people think these films are trash (these people are wrong… I’m joking!) for me Final Destination is a cult classic and while the following films might not have been so great the first one is GREAT.
- The Shining, 1980, directed by Stanley Kubrick. This is probably in my top 3 horror films, I love Jack Nicholson’s portrayal of Jack Torrance chills me to the bone every time I watch it.
- The Conjuring, 2013, directed by James Wan. I will watch this film over and over, when Carolyn is in the cellar trying to stab one of her own children it really scared me!
- Veronica, 2017, Paco Plaza.While not the scariest film on Netflix as some described it certainly did send a shiver down my spine, and I’ve since watched it another two times.
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre, 1974, directed by Tobe Hooper. Another cult classic makes my list (shock) and when Leatherface chases Sally at the end, it put me off chainsaws for LIFE.
And there you have my top ten favourite horror films! There are SO many more that I absolutely love but that would be an incredibly long list and I want to go watch some of these to celebrate…
Happy Halloween everyone, be safe and have fun whatever you’re doing today/tonight!
🎃👻💀🎃👻💀🎃👻💀 Em xx 🎃👻💀🎃👻💀🎃👻💀
One thought on “Happy Halloween🎃👻💀”