Good afternoon my lovely fellow bloggers! Today I’m doing something different and writing my 15 thoughts I had whilst watching Eli which is a 2019 Netflix horror film, directed by Ciarán Foy.
I’ve also rated it at the end and as usual, my posts contain spoilers!
- Are the parents making up this kids condition? Especially the mother, she seems more involved in it than the father does…
- The Dad is really annoying me, if his kid is SO SICK then why is he yelling at him?
- So he’s inside an inflatable vacuum type thing, but how do they make sure the duvet, pillows, clothes etc are “clean” for him before he uses them? (Clearly the film was SO interesting that I resorted to questioning random crap).
- If the ghostly apparitions are meant to be scary, they aren’t.
- How do they not think Dr Horn and her merry nurses are creepy from the start?
- The scene when the “ghost” jumps out from the shower after the lights go out is the first part that made me jump!
- What the heck is going on?????
- Is the Dad working with the Dr? What is the final treatment they’re discussing, WHAT???
- I really like Eli & Haley’s interactions.
- Eli realising LIE is 317 and that being the code to the medical wing was just too easy.
- Cannot believe the mother is like “nah I’m not gonna believe my child, MY FLESH AND BLOOD IS A LIAR…” no.
- Then the sudden change from the mother to I believe my son to actually nah just carry on Dr Horn.
- Seriously, WTF is going on. I’m confused nevermind Eli being confused…
- Is this film a joke?
- That’s like 1 hour and 40 minutes of my life I will NEVER GET BACK.
So it turns out this film is not a joke, it’s just awful, my overall rating is 1 out of 5 stars. I really enjoyed the interaction between Eli and Haley and that was it. The film started off branding itself as a ghost story and then just turned into one big “WTF is going on” fest and disregarding what it was trying to be in the first half of the film.
Wow, I really didn’t enjoy this film. Have you watched Eli yet? Let me know what you thought in the comments! Em xx