Hey guys and welcome back to my blog, today I’m going to be doing Top Ten changes in my reading life. TTT is currently hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl – check out her page when you’re done here if you haven’t already!
I’ve decided to do top 5 again (shock!) so that I can go into more depth on why they’ve been changes in my reading life, rather than just list them!
- The types of books I read. As I’ve gotten older my taste in reading has changed, I’ve naturally started reading more crime/psychological books and horror books, just because that’s what I enjoy now I’m older.
- When I read. When I was a teenager and going into my a-levels I had to prioritise school over reading so I would only read before bed or once I’d done my work. Now I’m reading all the time lmao. I take my Kindle or book to work and read on my lunch break, I literally have a book/Kindle in my handbag most of the time.
- How much I read. I naturally try and read more books so that I can review them for you guys to read, but, in general I’m finding reading is really relaxing and so I’m reading LOADS.
- Where I like to read. See point 3! I will read anywhere it doesn’t need to be peaceful, give me 30 seconds and I will zone out and be engrossed in the pages of my novel. My preferred place though is either my bed OR I have a seat on the sofa that I prefer, right next to the lamp.
- Why I read. Of course, I read so I can review books on my blog, but mostly I read now because it’s my peace. It’s where I get lost, I forget what’s going on in the world or the news or in life and I just enjoy it.
The one thing that has never changed though is just how much I love to read.
Let me know if you’re taking part in today’s TTT so I can check out your post. Lots of love Em xx
2 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday – TT changes in my reading life📚”
It’s awesome that you can read anywhere! Hope to reach that level someday. I basically just read at home or at a very quiet library, anywhere else is just too full of distractions lol.
There’s normally something going on at home/work/outside when I’m trying to read so I’ve just had to force myself to tune out of it haha!
LikeLiked by 1 person